March 30, 2009

Playing Catch Up

First off, we had a good time at the basketball game on thursday. The game was a little disappointing. Dayton Christian was the better team, but whenever you are a Christian team in the spotlight, it is almost imossible to find inparital referees. It was fun to spend some time with my dad, Josiah, Erik, and Grace.
Friday night Erik and I had the opportunity to watch the movie Fireproof at church. It is a very good movie that every couple should watch. The movie goes right along with a series on marriage that our pastor has been teaching. The series has been a great challenge and reminder on how God views marriage and our roles in marriage. If anyone would like to listen to the sermons (I think they are the best sermons I have ever heard on marriage) just go to our church's website, www.apexcommunity.net.
Saturday night my mom had some people over for a Bunco party. This was only the second time I have played bunco and we had a lot of fun. A friend my dad has worked with for over 20 years was there with his wife, and he soon found a fast friend in Grace. He was so sweet to her as he let her sit on his lap and roll the dice for him. She had a blast!
Saturday is also the day that everything caught up to me!! I developed a horrible cough and have lost my voice except for meager squeaks now and then. As a result, I couldn't work saturday or sunday. I must admit it was nice not working, but I wish I felt up to doing anything!
Today my cough and voice are not any better and I was greeted by a sick lena this morning. All Lena did was curl up in my lap or sit on the couch until 3 this afternoon. This is highly unusual for Lena, as she rarely sits still for more than a minute at a time. She seems herself now, so I am hoping she just had a quick bug.
I take the girls to get their Easter pictures done on Wednesday. I LOVE getting pictures done, expecially of my adorable kids.
Well, I had better get things cleaned up and dinner started.

No comments: