March 26, 2009

The Mother of All Posts Part 3

The girls were up bright and early tuesday morning. Grace was SO excited that this was the day that she would finally be able to pick out her American Girl doll! The American Girl Place is phenomenal! It is one of the most amazing stores I have ever been to!
When we walked in Grace went right for Kit! She had been saying that was the doll she wanted, but I wasn't sure if she would stick with her decision once she saw all the dolls, but there was no swaying her! Grace started jumping up and down and was SO excited!Here's Grace and Grammie picking out the doll together! Her face was absolutely priceless as she picked out her doll!Grace could hardly wait for my mom to buy her and then be able to get her out of her box. I don't know about you, but I think Grace looks just a little happy in this picture! :) My mom also purchased for Kit the cutest pink pajamas, which Kit has had to wear to bed every night since! SO cute!
My mom then took Lena and they picked out a Bitty Baby. Lena was thrilled with her baby!Here's Lena loving on her baby! She absolutely adores the baby and it is now a permanent fixture to Lena.We bought Grace the matching Kit hat. They look adorable in their matching hats!
After buying the dolls my mom took Grace to the portrait studio they have there to get her picture taken with Kit.This is probably one of the best professional pictures we have of Grace. It is such a sweet picture and Grace is smiling SO big!
After pictures we headed upstairs to the Cafe to have our amazing lunch.Here's the girls and I at lunch. Notice how the dolls have their own special seats that attach to the tables. They also brought out special china for the dolls. Amazing!My mom and the girls at lunch. The dining room was beautiful. It was decorated in black, white, and pink. Lena needed her baby to sit in front of her for awhile!Grace and Kit enjoying their first lunch together. Grace smelling the flower! They brought us each an amazing dessert plate. It had a special heart cookie, a heart shaped piece of cake, and a flower pot with amazing chocolate mousse. Our lunch was so much fun, and will be a memory that I will cherish forever!A cute picture of the girls looking into a window.Me and the girls in front of the American Girl Place. We had such an amazing time. It was so special to spend the time with my mom and my girls. I'm am so blessed to have such an incredible mom who would take us on such an incredible trip!!!!
You may have wondered what happend to Uncle Joe during all this. Well, he took this opportunity to explore Chicago, and had a great time.
Our trip was thoroughly enjoyable and will be a cherished memory.
Yesterday was also a busy day for us. I was able to participate in two marketing research studies. One I was paid $40 for answering questions for only 10 minutes. And then the other I participated in a discussion group and received a $25 gift card to Target and was able to pick out a gift. I picked out this neat portable high chair.It is going to be great for taking on trips, camping, going on picnics, or just taking on the go. I'm definitely excited about it. I also had to work late last night, but was blessed with a profitable night.
Tonight will be another late night for us. Erik, Josiah, my Dad, Grace and I are heading to Columbus to cheer on my high school basketball team. They are competing in the state semifinals. It should be a great time!
Well that is what has all happened in less than a week! Crazy! I know I will hit the wall of exhaustion soon, but until then I will enjoy every minute!

No comments: