March 26, 2009

The Mother of All Posts Part 2

I first wanted to start this post off with a word about my parents. My mom and dad absolutely amaze me. My mom has planned on taking us on this trip ever since Grace was born. As many of you know that past few years have been extremely hard ones for my family. My dad's cancer has led to continued time off from work and then now complete layoff. My mom and been more than faithful at her unpleasant job. She has worked countless hours trying to make ends meet, and at the same time always putting everyone else before herself. All this to say, my mom is amazing. She didn't need to spend the money she so diligently worked for and saved on this trip. It is something special that she wanted to do for me and my girls, and it AMAZES me! Special extravagences are always more meaningful and have a greater impact when they are the result of love and sacrifice!
Monday morning my mom and Uncle Joe picked us up and we made our way to Chicago. When we got in the car there were special treat bags that my Grandma packed full of treats and snacks for the girls. They loved it!
Our first stop was to Legoland!!! It was so much fun and quite amazing. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it, but they have an incredibly replica of the city of Chicago made of legos. Quite impressive. Grace expecially liked the exhibit they had of a jungle safari. There were full scale tigers, monkeys, snakes, and people all made of legos!Grace standing by a lego tiger!

There was also a ride that we were able to take the girls on that rides you around to show you more Lego scenes! Grace really enjoyed watching a Bob the Builder 4D movie. It was pretty cute. We spent the majority of our time playing with thousands of legos!



Lena had a great time playing with all the legos!Grace built a lego tower as tall as she is! Grace and Uncle Joe spent some time building, testing, and racing a lego car. Grace and Uncle Joe with their finished product.Lena in the lego pit. She thought this was hilarious! My girls with Uncle Joe. They absolutely adore him and are so lucky to have such an amazing uncle who will take the time to play and have fun with them!Grace and Grammie sitting next to a sleepy lego man! :) Me and my girls in front of Legoland. We had a great time! Afterwards we had a wonderful dinner at a restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes. My Grandma recommended the restaurant and even gave us the money for dinner. It was SO good and it was so sweet of my grandma to pay for our dinner.

We enjoyed relaxing at the hotel for the rest of the evening. Still to come in Part 3 of this incredibly long post....... American Girl Place Chicago!!!!!!!!

No comments: