March 26, 2009

The mother of all posts Part 1

There has been so much that has happened over the course of the last week that I decided to break the post up into 3 sections.

I ended up working Friday Saturday and Sunday night which would be enough to wear me out in itself! Work went pretty well and I actually had a great night on Sunday night, which was truly a gift from God. It amazes me how God meets our needs right where we are at, and He knew the amount of money that I would need to make over the weekend. Also, even though work has been more than frustrating I have been given some opportunities to share my faith lately. I can also feel God giving me the courage to be more bold in my faith.
Erik's mom and dad came into town late Friday night. Saturday we packed into the car and headed to the Newport Aquarium. We absolutely love taking the girls to museums and fun family activities. This is one of the things that I am so thankfuk that my parents made the sacrifice for and made a priority while I was growing up. I love seeing the girls learn and experience new things. It is so much more rewarding than getting new sports equipment and clothes. I would much rather wear my "not so stylish" apparel and give my girls some amazing experiences. After all these are the memories that I myself cherish from my childhood.
Anyway, we had a great time exploring and seeing all the fish, birds, and especially the sharks!
Here is a picture of all of us in the mouth of a shark. Grace thought it was pretty cool.

Grace and daddy on the frogs. So, funny story. In the "frog bog" there is a climbing and tunnel activity for the kids. Well Grace insisted that I go in with her. I was quite pleased that I did not get stuck, as I am not sure they designed the tunnels for pregnant women! :)Lena on the frog!Lena touching a starfish!Grace and Daddy feeding a larakeet. We enjoyed the aquarium. It is so nice that there is so much to do and see within an hour drive!

That concludes the weekend and I will now work on our absolutely amazing Chicago trip!!!!!

No comments: