February 10, 2009

Once again the week has flown by. It was finally nice out on Saturday so we made a point to get the girls out for a little while. It was so nice to finally go for a walk outside, I think we were all getting a little stir crazy!
Saturday night I was called in to work, but they had me helping the bar. Mind you I have never poured a drink before, but I actually had a really good time, and it was a nice change of pace!
Sunday we enjoyed going to church! It seems like it has been forever since I have sat in service, between having family in town, the girls being sick, and having nursery I haven't been in service for about a month, so it was so refreshing to be able to sick and take in the message that GOd had for me!
Yesterday our friends Amy and Carson came with us for a fun shopping trip! We went to the GAP Clearance Outlet in Northern Kentucky in hopes of finding some cheap maternity clothes. You would think that by now I would have a nice amount of clothes, but in reality there is only a couple things that I would be able to wear. I was very pleased with finding maternity jeans for only $1.99!! So in the end I spent $40 and walked out with two large bags full of things for our family! On the way back we stopped at IKEA for lunch and then let the kids play. It worked out great because Grace and Carson were able to get some of their pent up energy out while we peacefully wandered through the store.
Last night after dinner Erik treated us to Dairy Queen. The girls were so excited for ice cream cones. This was the first time that we gave Lena a cone, and despite a little brain freeze, she was thrilled!

Here is a picture of the girls enjoying their ice cream together! They crack me up!

In other news, the economic hard times are affecting Erik's work. Today they announced that they are closing the administrative offices of the group that Erik is in, and as a result, the group would be divided between the Cincinnati and Columbus Groups. This is hard not only because of the uncertainty that it brings to Erik's job, but also it is hard to see people you have developed a relationship with to suddenly be out of a job. Please continue to pray for Erik's job situation. He is currently looking for a different job, but at the same time is counting on his current job to be stable. We know that God is ultimately in control and that He will open doors and lead wherever is in His plan!

No comments: