February 18, 2009

My husband and I finally were able to enjoy a date on Monday night. We ended up going to applebee's where we had a gift card. It was so nice to be able to just sit and enjoy each others company without trying to maintain "crowd control." :)
Monday I also took the kids to the mall for the monthly kids concert. The kids had fun. It was neat seeing Lena dance and really enjoy the music. She is defiitely getting older- at one point Grace and her friend Carson were sitting next to each other and Lena had to climb up next to them and sat there doing exactly what they were doing. She just wanted to be one of the "big kids" too.
Yesterday was storytime at the library. There are times where I really don't feel like packing the kids up and heading there, but I am always reminded how much Grace likes it and how good it is for her.
Last night we enjoyed dinner at our friends, the Wells', house. The kids had a blast playing together and making a mess, and we enjoyed good adult conversation! We have so enjoyed the friendship we have formed with them.
Today the girls and I are taking my mom to lunch on her day off. She could definitely use a little "escape" as my dad is out of work again. The project he had been working on is now complete and there is no work for him at this time. We are praying he will find something soon.
I work four of the five next nights, so it will be busy around here. Well, the kids have already been up for over an hour (yes they were both up shortly after 6am, after not getting to bed until 10pm) and are already bouncing off the walls. :)

No comments: