January 26, 2009

We had an enjoyable weekend. Friday night the girls played dressup and were princesses all evening. It was so much fun watching them twirl and dance in their dresses. My sweet husband danced with the girls and we all had a great time.Saturday we didn't do very much other than Erik and I both had to work at some point in the day.
Sunday Erik stayed home from church with Lena because she still has a lingering bad cough, and we couldn't take her to nursery to get the other kids sick. But, since it was my sunday to have nursery Grace and I went together. Before church we stopped and saw Uncle Joe for some fabulous hot chocolate. He is so sweet to Grace! He made Grace her own special hot chocolate with lots of whip cream in a special "gracie size" cup. She thought it was SO neat to have her own special cup!
After church we picked up Erik and Lena and we headed to the Cincinnati Children's Museum and had a great time. There is so much for the girls to do there. I was quite pleased with how well Lena did there. She played with everything and truly enjoyed herself. The last time we went there she was just a baby, so it was fun to see her interact and play. Grace especially had fun in an area called the tree house. It has ladder and tunnels and slides- she is definitely a great climber! She definitely tired me out as I too crawled through every tunnel and climbed right along with her- it had to be quite a sight :) The girls shopping at the grocery storeGrace waiting patiently in line at the grocery store.Lena had a lot of fun playing with the blocks. She actually climbed into the seat and started playing all on her own.The girls playing in the water. I think this was Lena's favorite part! Erik and the girls playing in the water! Notice Erik is spraying everyone! :)
The girls helping sick animals at the Vet Clinic
My girls having fun together!
I think we were all worn out by the time we got home, but we had a wonderful day together as a family.

2 comments:

Lacey Rumley said...

Does "Uncle Joe" work at a coffee house? It sounds like you all had a good weekend! I'm sorry Lina has a bad cough...So does Ava. Hers just started on Saturday night, and it's pretty nasty. I hope it doesn't last TOO long!

Lacey Rumley said...

Whoopsies...Didn't mean to spell Lena's name wrong on the last comment! :-)