January 22, 2009

I thought I would try and post a few pictures that were taken in the last week.
A tradition I started with Grace was to make a half birthday cake for the girls on their half birthdays. It is just a fun day to mark their half birthdays and have another reason to celebrate as a family. Grace was pretty excited about getting a special cake!


We actually had my family over for a nice dinner and we enjoyed spending time together. Recently Erik has pulled his guitar out of the back of the closet and the girls have had fun listening to daddy play, and trying their hand at "rocking out."So, I you know me for very long, you will soon find out that I like my home orderly and clean. Well, I knew I was rubbing off on Grace, but I didn't know that Lena was already picking up on cleaning. The other day I had been wiping the counter with a dishrag and walked away. I came into the living room to find lena cleaning the walls. It absolutely cracked me upLena does not like anything in her hair, so I had to get a picture of her with her first set of pig tails! They were so cute- but they only lasted for about half an hour :)


We have had a rough week here with colds. Both girls have been battling colds all week, and are just getting over them today. Yesterday they woke up from their naps and just wanted to sit with each other and drink their chocolate milk.

That's about all that has been going on around here. Erik and I both have to work for a little on Saturday morning but are looking forward to the rest of the day together- and possibly even a date!!! :) Well, dinner preparations are calling, and there are only minutes left in the sweet peace of naptime. Hope you enjoyed the pictures of my girls!

No comments: