January 20, 2009

Right now the air in my home is filled with the smell of pot roast and apple crisp! I love making dinner from scratch! I had planned on making this glorious meal last night, but I made the fateful mistake of sitting on the couch "for just a minute" while the girls were napping, and well lets just say I found myself drooling on the couch over an hour later! :) Oh the joys of being pregnant with our third baby!
I had a busy weekend at work. We did however make it to Bounce U (an indoor facility that was inflatable activities) on Saturday morning where we met Amy and carson so the kids could get some much needed energy out. Erik was such a good sport as he chased after the kids. They had a great time, and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!!
After taking over a month off of couponing I jumped back in full force on Sunday. It has been such a blessing as we have been able to make use of the stockpile of groceries and toiletries that had accumulated, so we still were only having to buy the basics at the store!! I am amazed how God meets our needs right where we are at, no matter how small or "insignificant" they are. Our pantry was severely depleated of all breakfast items, and I was coming to the realization that I may have to pay "full price" (gasp!) for cereal, but to my delight I opened the paper on Sunday to find great deals on all kinds of breakfast goods. So, after a trip to Kroger and Meijer we know have enough oatmeal, cereal, and poptarts for months. It is amazing that God cares that we have food in our pantry!!
Yesterday I met a couple of moms and their kids at the mall for the monthly Momtopia concert. It is always fun to watch the kids have fun together. I even won a gift certificate to a local restaurant that serves breakfast. So, the next saturday erik and I have the morning off- we are going out for a big breakfast- that I don't have to clean up after!! Sounds great to me.
Storytime started up again today. It feels good to be getting back into the regular routine. Now it needs to get warmer so we can go to the park! OH, how I miss taking the girls for walks and going to the park!
Grace has been nursing a could for a few days, and unfortunately Lena has developed Grace's cold. (We've been wanting Grace to share, but I guess we didn't clearly explain) It is such an awful feeling watching your kids cry because they don't feel good. So, both girls have taken some tylenol and are taking naps. Hopefully they will feel better when they wake up! I know I have been extremely spoiled as this is the first time that lena has had so much as a cold, and Grace has only been sick maybe twice in her life. God has blessed us with two healthy girls!
Well, this post is turning long, and I must tend to my amazing dinner preparations :) Hey, maybe I'll even get all the dishes done and the kitchen cleaned before dinner :)

No comments: