December 15, 2008

Well, the last week has been a little exhausting. First off, my dad is doing good. He was actually able to come home on Thursday afternoon. He was definitely happy to get home, and we are so thankful that he is making a good recovery. He is still in pain and every cough and sneeze is agonizing, but he is doing surprisingly well! Please continue to pray for his recovery. He will have follow up appointments with doctors in the coming weeks to see where he needs to go from here.
Last week Wednesday we took the girls to get their pictures taken in the Christmas dresses that my grandma bought for them. They turned out pretty good, but I wasn't that thrilled with the portrait studio. Oh well, at least I finally have a studio picture taken of my girls!
Wednesday night we went to a Christmas party for Erik's work. So, before we left I took a picture of the girls all dressed up, and of course now they decide that they are going to smile!


Grace had a great time getting to see Santa! She is absolutely thrilled to see Santa this year, and keeps asking everyday if it is Christmas yet!


Lena's favorite part of the party was a chocolate chip cookie! Somehow she managed to eat the cookie, and not get any on her dress! Way to go lena!!


Saturday morning we went with my mom to see Santa at her work. they had Christmas cookies and fun games for the kids. It was fun spending some time with my mom with the girls.


I worked most of the weekend, so I am glad I don't have to work again until Friday.


It is hard to believe that Lena is going to be 1 on Wednesday. We ordered her cake today. We decided to just have my family over for dinner and cake. It will be nice to not have the stress of a big party! I guess this is one of the downsides of having your birthday so close to Christmas! I talked to my friend Karis earlier today, and we agreed that her baby, Jane, should be born on Wednesday!!! Now Jane just needs to agree!


Well, on to cleaning- it always seems that everything is a disaster after I work all weekend. You never would have guessed that everything was spotless on Friday night! :)



No comments: