December 9, 2008

I'll give you a quick rundown of the past 24 hours. Well, yesterday I finally took the girls to the hotel around 8pm and my dad was still not out of surgery. My Mom and Josiah were not able to see him until 10:30, which was absolutely crazy, as he was taken back for surgery at 1:30. The surgeon said that they were able to take out the pieces of his lung that they needed to, but they were located in different areas than they thought they were, and there were more of them. Well, the problems started when they were closing him up, and apparently they nicked his pulmonary artery. When this happened he lost more than 2 liters of blood and as the doctor put it, "it was pretty touch and go for a while." So, apparently God was in complete control, as he could have easily bled out! When I saw my dad first thing this morning, he looked pretty bad. His coloring was very bad, he had a breathing tube inserted, and did not look promising. As the day went on his coloring got better and he was finally able to get the breathing tube removed. Praise the Lord. He is still in the ICU but is now sitting up and doing exercises to strengthen his lungs. Since he was doing so good, and the girls were losing it we headed home tonight. It is good to be home but part of me wishes I could have stayed longer. Hopefully if he continues to make the progress that has today, my dad will be home at the end of the week. Praise God for protecting and strengthening my dad! It has been a very long and emotionally taxing two days, but I am so thankful that my dad is now on the road to recovery once again.

1 comment:

Lacey Rumley said...

Amy, we've been praying for your family, and especially your dad (and the doctors!). Thanks for updating. I was hoping he made it through surgery, and was just waiting to get the update. (I wasn't sure if I should call and bug you or not.) We love you!