December 26, 2008

Well it has been a very fun and busy last week and a half.
Last Wednesday our little girl had her first birthday! We had a great day with her. Erik was able to take a half day at work, in order to spend a little extra time with us. We took my family out for dinner at Applebee's and then came home for presents and cake. Lena was absolutely thrilled with her cake! And her favorite present would probably be the gloworm that my grandma got her. Grace was so enthralled with the gloworn that we had to find hers at the bottom of the toy chest- she had apparently long forgotten that she even had one!

Last Saturday I didn't have to work!!! So, we took my brother along with us to go to the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo. We had a good time riding the train and carousel and seeing some of the animals. It was nice to be able to spend a special night as a family, and it was great to have Uncle Jo along for the ride!

Christmas Eve we attended a service at my parents Church where we met up with some family friends. Afterwards we had a good time at my parents house visiting with friends and enjoying good food!

We had a great Christmas yesterday! The girls had fun opeing up their presents at home in the morning. Grace was very excited over the movies she got. Both girls got baby dolls, and lena was so excited that she could hardly wait for me to get them out of the box!

Later we went to my parents house for a big Christmas brunch and opened presents with my family. Grace was hilarious because she passed the presents out and would ask everyone if she could help them open their presents. Well, she gave my grandma a present and said, "I need to help grandma because she is an old lady." I cracked up! Oh, the things she says sometimes- I definitely wish we would have gotten that part on tape!

We enjoyed a very blessed Christmas! It was a hard day for my dad, as we wasn't feeling the best, but I am so thankful that God has given him to us for another Christmas. Each one is such a gift!

Well, I work the next two nights, so they will be busy and tiring. Erik's mom and dad come for a visit this weekend to celebrate Christmas. We are looking forward to heading north in a couple weeks since we weren't able to make it for Christmas. Well I had better get the kiddos ready so I can get to work! Hope you all had a blessed christmas!

No comments: