October 17, 2008

10 Months Old

Lena is now 10 months old. It's hard to believe that her birthday is just around the corner. She is such a joy and brings so much to our family. At times she seems to be about to walk, but for now she is more satisfied with crawling, as she is able to move around a lot faster that way. Lena has fast become an avid climber. (The other day I caught her climbing on top of our bed!) We are so blessed to have two amazing little girls!

We have had a full but fun week. Monday night Grace had a soccer game. She did better this time, as she did not do her first somersault until the second half! She did get a hold of the ball a few times during the game, so I was pleased to see that. The funniest part of the game had nothing to do with soccer. Over the past couple of months Grace has been around the DCsoccer team and has picked up on a few things, one of which is stretching. So, during the game, Grace ran over to the edge of the field (but mind you she is still on the field), tells me that her leg hurts and I nedd to stretch it. She lays on her back and lifts one of her legs in the air for me to stretch it. She absolutely cracks me up!


Tuesday we made it to story time at the library. Grace had a good time because her friend Carson was there. Later tuesday we went to a friends house to let the kids play and to watch iron man. It was nice to get out of the house and to hang out with other adults!


Wednesday we actually went to another story time. I am attempting to get Grace more used to taking direction from people other than mommy and daddy. She had fun and was good for the teacher, so I was thrilled. Later that afternoon we painted pumpkins. There are times I know I have to be crazy, but they both had fun and were absolutely filthy!

Grace with her finished product!

Here is my centerpiece!

Yesterday we got in the mail the girls' holloween costumes. They are going to look absolutely adorable. Grace is going to be Minnie Mouse and Lena is gong to be Daisy Duck. It should be fun! Pictures to come as soon as I get the finishing accessories (tights, turtlenecks, etc). Grace can hardly wait, as she is asking several times a day if it is halloween yet!

It is finally starting to feel like fall! Today was the first day that I had to dress the girls in long sleeves and pants. We have had a good day of deal shopping and playing ( I definitely have got over $100 worth of groceries for only $30 this week, OH YEAH!)

Grace riding her bike!

A sweet picture of Grace. She is starting to look so old!

Well, we are going to enjoy a nice evening at home tonight. It should be a pretty low key weekend for us, other than the fact that I have to work Saturday and Sunday night :)


No comments: