April 10, 2009

Fun Filled Day

Yesterday was a very enjoyable day for the girls and I. In the morning we picked my mom up and took her to Smith Gardens, which is a beautifully landscaped garden open to the public. My mom needed pictures of spring flowers for a contest at work, so we were happy to accomany her on this project. I will have to post some pictures later, but the flowers were beautiful and the girls enjoyed looking at everything, and we fascinated with a rather large bug they found! :)
Afterwards we went to a local park and had a picnic lunch. I love being able to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. At the park there is a large sand area that the girls spent most of the time in. I love watching them play and explore! It was so nice just spending a relaxing day with my mom and my daughters.
Then, last night Grace had the opportunity to go to the Dragon's baseball game with her friend Carson and his parents. She has been talking about it all day today! From what I hear, they had a blast. It is neat that Grace is to the age where she gets to go on fun outings with friends, and that she has found such a good friend in Carson!
Tonight I have to work, which I have to admit, I am dreading, but I do have the whole weekend off for Easter! YAY! Tomorrow we will be heading to an Easter Egg Hunt and dying eggs at home. I'm also excitedthat my brother David is making it home for Easter and he will be spending the day with us tomorrow!
I hope you all have a blessed Easter, as we celebrate the greatest day in history- the resurrection of our Lord Jesus!! I am in awe of all that God has done and all that He is going to continue to do in our lives!

No comments: