March 9, 2009

Fun Weekend

We enjoyed a wonderful date on our anniversary. We were able to go to the melting pot, thanks to our friends the Bissett's and McEllroy's (Thank you guys SO much, you are absolutely amazing!). Dinner was wonderful. We had never been, but before we went I called my brother Matt who had worked at one to give us some pointers. :) It was such a relaxing and enjoyable dinner. We were even seated in a nice private booth where we weren't bothered. It was almost like we were the only two people there. Our favorite part would have to be the chocolate at the end!! Here's a pic of me and my hubby before going to dinner. A pretty good picture considering we used the timer on the camera :)
Saturday was the day that Grace could hardly wait for. We got ready and headed to the CIRCUS!!! It truly is the best circus you could ever go to. The kids did pretty good. Grace's favorite part was the clowns (which I was happy about as Erik had made a comment a couple of weeks ago that clowns were scary, and thats all Grace could associate them with until we were at the circus). I was actually surprised with how fascinated Lena was, and I think her favorite part was the clowns and the elephants. We had so much fun, and it was so enjoyable to do something extra special as a family!

Erik and Grace were able to dress up as performers before the show started.My Three Clowns!Grace with her clown nose and hat.Lena enjoying the circus from the best seat in the house!

I think everyone was a little worn out by the time we got home.

Sunday we were a little thrown off by the time change. We woke up and realized there was no way we would be able to make it to the 9:30 service at church and the 11:30 is always out of the question, as this is prime meltdown time for Buskard children. SO we made the most of the day by going for a nice drive, picking up some lunch, and really just enjoying time together.

It is wonderful weekends, when I don't have to work, that really spoil me! The girls are getting bigger everyday, and it is so much fun to see them learn and grow. I am glad we were able to make special memories with them this weekend!

Well, I head for my 20 week appointment this afternoon. Hopefully we will be in and out quickly as I will have the girls with me!

No comments: