March 16, 2009

Family Update

Well the last week flew by! I ended up working 5 nights and Erik had to stay late for meetings on a different night, so I think we feel like we we didn't see each other at all over the past week.
Last week thursday we went to the Gap outlet in Northern Kentucky and actually made out really good. I was thrilled to find maternity pants for work as well as 2 $70 pair of work pants for Erik for only $7 each. YAY!!! I also found Micah some cute Pjs. I love being able to get boy things now!
Last night I ended up going home from work early. A girl I work with (who I can hardly stand anyway) was goofing off and ran me over, knocking me in the stomach so hard that I almost fell over. It definitely freaked me out, as I was in quite a bit of pain for the night. I was thankful that Erik came and got me right away. I feel fine today, and have felt Micah kicking away all day, so I am thankful for God's protection!
Yesterday was also the day that Erik and I reclaimed our bedroom. When Lena was born we moved her into our room, so that she would not wake Grace. Well, Lena proved to be a very light sleeper, and for the past 8 months or so Erik and I have been sleeping in the living room. Not convenient or comfortable, but the only place where we could sleep! Well, yesterday we moved Lena into Grace's room. I know it will take some adjustment for them both, but so far they are happy with it. They both slept fine last night, and surprisingly enough I put them both down for naps at the same time and they are both asleep! Praise the Lord! My hubby also bought and set up a book shelf for our room yesterday. I love it!
Today the girls and I went to the monthly kids concert at the mall and then had lucnh with our firends Amy and Carson. The kids get along so good together, which is great!
I have a really cool God providing story to share with you. Erik and I have been wanting to get another carseat for Lena to keep in Erik's car, as it is hard transferring the seats all the time. Well, after pricing seats we decided that the inconvenience was better than paying for a new seat. Recently at Erik's work a gentleman rented a car and needed to buy a carseat at the local Walmart as he had already shipped his carseat to where he is moving. So, the gentlemen bought an Evenflo carseat and used it for a week while he rented a car. Upon returning the car he told Erik that he didn't need it and to see if Erik knew anyone who needed one! It still amazes me at times that God cares about such things. It would seem that He has better things to do than work about our little inconvenience! Thank you God for caring about even the insignificant things!
A week from today the girls and I head to Legoland and the American Girl store with my mom and brother. I am SO excited, and I think Grace is a little excited too as she has asked me everyday when we are leaving. :)
Well, I had better get some stuff done before the kiddos wake up.

No comments: