December 3, 2008

The last week has been a bit of a blur. Last Wednesday my mom took Grace out to lunch and shopping for the day to give me time to get everything ready for thanksgiving. My little girl cam home with two adorable dresses, two pair of shoes we could never be able to buy her, a necklace, and a princess crown. Grace definitely enjoyed her time with Grammie and I definitely enjoyed the time I was able to spend with the quiet that comes with only having one child to wrangle! :)
The Genthers, Uncle Matt, Jeff and Louise all came into town on Wednesday night. We were treated by the Genthers to a wonderful dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. The funny thing is, that in the more than two years that I have worked there, this was the first time I had been a patron in the restaurant. Grace was thrilled to spend the night in the hotel with her beloved cousins.
Thanksgiving went off without a hitch. Seventeen people in my small apartment! I had to be crazy to undertake such a feat, but it all went great and we had a great time with both of our families together. My brother even made the trip from Kentucky for Thanksgiving dinner. Unfortunately I was too busy to take many pictures but here are two from the day.

Grace decorating her gingerbread house. Later Erik finished the house by designing a maize and blue M out of m&m's on one side of the house. I have to admit, it was the perfect touch. :)

A picture of my girls and their cousins in front of our Christmas tree. If you can tell, I finally "spaced out" the ornaments!

Friday Erik was the only one to hit Black Friday sales. He was able to get some good gifts for the girls. We hid the gifts in our closet, which has a child lock and is usually shut. Well, the other day Grace comes running out to the living room and says, "Mommy can I have my prizes?!?!" I was laughing to the point of tears. Growing up I always found my Christmas presents well before the holidays, so I guess this is my pay back! So, Grace received her Tinkerbell sleeping bag, and was thrilled!

My Grandma took the girls and I out shopping to find Christmas dresses for the girls. We went to Carter's and found the most adorable Red dresses and sweaters for them. They are going to look sooooo cute. I already made an appointment for them to get their pictures taken next week, which is something that I have wanted to do for almost a year now. Oh well, better late than never.

Yesterday was my hubby's 28th birthday. He had a pretty crummy day at work, and got out late so instead of going out for dinner we ordered pizza, which I think made him happier anyway since this is his all time favorite thing to eat. Grace was so proud of the cake she made for her daddy. She put all the ingredients in the bowl, mixed the cake batter, and put the batter in the pan! She did a great job. We also watch the new Narnia movie, which we got him for his birthday. It wasn't a very eventful birthday but it was a nice quiet evening at home with family!

Two quick cute pictures of my adorable girls!

Now for an update on my dad. Yesterday my mom and dad traveled to the cancer research center in Indianapolis for an appointment. They really liked the doctor and he had them come back this morning for a consultation with the surgeon. Well, my mom just called and they scheduled surgery for Monday. Everything is moving pretty fast, which is good, but at the same time I think my dad is a little shell-shocked at how soon this major surgery is. Hopefully they will be able to extract the cancerous mass in his lungs orthoscopically, if not they will have to remove another major portion of his lung. Please continue to pray for my dad, my mom, and for the doctors wisdom!

No comments: