November 21, 2008

Yesterday we decided to take it easy. We made a quick trip to the grocery first thing in the morning, and then enjoyed being home. I decided that since Christmas in now just a little over a month away, we would begin getting ready for Christmas! So, I read Grace Eloise at Christmas Time, and then watched the movie. We absolutely love Eloise! I think Grace enjoys that Eloise is more mischievous than she is.
The rest of the day we listened to Christmas music, cleaned, and cooked. For dinner I made the best homemade chicken pot pie I had ever had, along with mashed potatoes, my first attempt at making homemade gravy was a success, and a chocolate cream pie. I absolutely love cooking from scratch! It was nice because my mom came over for dinner. So, we enjoyed eating a great meal while listening to Christmas music.
Afterwards we decorated the Christmas tree. Grace could hardly contain herself, she was that excited.

I don't have a picture of the finished project, but she did not move from that spot on the tree. So, we are either going to have to buy a ton more ornaments or I am going to have to fix it during nap time today :)

This is the "time out chair." Lena has begun to hit when she gets angry, and when Grace hits she sits in the timeout chair. Well, last night Lena hit Erik because he told her no, so Grace said Lena should go in the timeout chair. This only makes sense to a 3 year old. Lena thought it was hilarious that she was sitting in the chair all by herself. I don't think she got the idea :)

Here is Lena putting on Minnie Mouse Ears. She was so proud of herself when she finally got them on.

Well, the girls are about to wake up, and we have a busy day ahead of us. Grace has her animal class and I have to work tonight. Here we go into another crazy busy weekend of work, kids, and church nursery!!

No comments: