November 5, 2008

There are a few things on my mind this morning. Last night Erik and I watched a couple of movies instead of watching the news, as we knew that we would only get frustrated and upset if we tuned in to the election results. I have always followed politics and if you know my husband, it is in his blood, but this is the first time that I have absolutely dreaded an election or its outcome. As a Christian I must view politics through my biblical worldview (oh yeah, Cornerstoners, that one is for you) and I am severely disheartened at the direction in which Americans are heading. I have a feeling that as a Christian I am going to have to take a more delibrate and outspoken stand for what I believe, in the years to come. There's my soap box for the day!
My dad goes in for his PETScan tomorrow and will find out the results next tuesday. Please continue to pray for him, my mom, and for the doctor's wisdom and guidance.
So, I have decided that I hate daylight savings time. The girls are still waking up at 6am, as opposed to 7am, and are completely out of sorts. It is amazing how children thrive on some semblance of a schedule. Well this morning, since we were already showered, dressed, and fed by 8am we did some bargain shopping. We made it to CVS, Walgreens, and Kroger, and were home within an hour. Here's a picture of all that I was able to buy for only $14.

God is definitely good to us!

No comments: