November 4, 2008

Please pray!

We had a good trip to michigan and I will post pictures and details later, but for now more pressing concerns have confronted my family once again. My dad went to the oncologist today to find out the results of a recent catscan. The scan found several spots on his right lung and one on his left lung. From here he has to go for a petscan to figure out a course of action. Please keep him and my mom in your prayers. My dad has already battled and beat cancer twice, but each time it takes a little more out of him, and disheartens my mom and the rest of us. I will keep you updated as we find out more in the coming weeks. It is times like these that it is hard to trust that God is truly in control, but it is times like these that your faith has to triumph over the fairness.

1 comment:

Lacey Rumley said...

Amy, it was so wonderful to spend time with you on Friday. The weather was beautiful, and besides the kids breaking down at the end of our time together, we had a great time! =) I'm SO sorry to hear about your dad. I can't really imagine how hard and frustrating that would be for all of you, after the relief of "beating" the cancer twice already. You're right that God is in control - and I'm so glad you're acknowledging that even when it's hard to! We'll be praying for wisdom for the doctors, healing for your dad, and peace and comfort for your family! WE LOVE YOU!