November 19, 2008

Fun Times with the Buskard Household

It seems like we have done a lot over the past couple of days. Saturday we met my parents to go see Madagascar 2. Grace loved watching the movie on the big screen. I enjoyed the first ten and the last ten minutes of the movie :) I was glad that we went to go see the movie at The Greene, because I took Lena and we walked around the shops to spy out some Christmas dresses.

The rest of Saturday before I went to work was chilly and rainy so we spent the afternoon inside, and this is the result of trying to find something fun for Grace to do.....

She had a blast painting the windows. I think I have learned over time that sometimes a little mess (or even a big mess) is worth it for a little fun!

Yesterday we went to the library for story time, and we were able to check out the movie WALL.E. Grace was so excited! Afterwards I took the girls to get their flu shots. Grace hasn't had a shot since she turned 1, so she didn't realize that they hurt. She was actually excited to go to the doctor to get a shot (I think her 3 year old mind thought it would be some sort of prize). Lena whimpered for a minute, but poor Grace was inconsolable. I had to reward her for doing so good, so we had her favorite for lunch- McDonald's.

The fun thing that we did yesteday was shop for and pack Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. I explained to Grace earlier in the morning that there are some kids who don't get Christmas presents, and that we were going to get some for two little girls. It was little hard at first for her to understand that she was picking out toys for someone other than herself, but i think she got the idea.

Here's everything that we were able to get, luckily I had thought ahead and saved back art supplies from back to school sales! I have to admit, the only part I dislike about putting the boxes together, is actually wrapping the boxes. :) I have decided that wrapping shoe boxes is not in my skill set.

Grace putting one of the boxes together. She thought this part was great!

Lena had been eyeing the little white bears that we were going to pack, and when we weren't looking, she snagged one. SHe was definitely proud of herself.

The finished boxes! On Sunday Grace will get to take them to church and put them under the Christmas tree. It is so good for her, and for me as well, to take the time and give to someone other than ourselves. It is so easy to think that we don't have much, but in reality, the little that we have is so much more than the girls that will receive the boxes have. Now that Grace is old enough to understand, I think that we will make this a Christmas tradition.

Here's Lena with her bear. She has recently become attached to stuffed animals, and it is so cute!

Well, later today my dad will find out the results of his tests. Please continue to pray and I will keep you updated.

No comments: