October 7, 2008

Last night was Grace's second soccer game. It was absolutely hilarious. She really couldn't care less about what was going on, and was more interested in hanging on the goal and doing somersaults. Go figure! You could tell she was still out of it from being sick, so hopefully she will be more "with it" at the season goes on. She had a good time though, and was thoroughly thrilled with the snacks after the game.

After the game we returned some movies and then went to Chick-fil-A for dinner. So we definitely used four different coupons, got two value meals, a kids meal, a brownie, and an ice cream cone for 6 dollars. It was a nice treat, and it was even nicer that it was so cheap! Yay for coupons!!!

We have been doing really good at spending money on only the things that we need, and I have been trying my hardest to cut costs through coupons and bargain shopping, but today, I have to admit, I caved. So, as you have probably already figured out, I have a princess in my house and today it the day that the Disney movie Sleeping Beauty came out on DVD. Well, while at Meijer getting some good deals I saw the display for the movie. I called Erik and got his opinion, and even though Grace did not necessarily need Sleeping Beauty, I knew it would thrill her. Granted it was a great deal, I got the movie and the Aurora doll for only 16.99, but the bottom line is I couldn't resist. It is so funny that as you get older and have children, how your focus changes. I never think of what pair of shoes I should get ( I haven't had a new pair in who knows how long) but rather what can I get for my kids. Don't get me wrong, I still have completely selfish moments (as in right now when both girls are sleeping and I am sitting on the couch, enjoying a few minutes of peace and quiet) but in the end, being a parent causes you to look outside of yourself. So, in other words this is my justification for splurging on a special surprise for my precious three year old (and yes we have already watched the movie and enjoyed every minute of it!)

No comments: